Tuesday, November 15, 2011

what do u see?

when you look at me, who do you see?
my sickness?
my disability?
my downfall?
my scar?
my body that doesnt always work?
or an eye that can no longer see?
my struggle?

or do you see what i see?
strength
courage
insecurities
bravery
someone who grits her teeth and takes the pain
someone who has no other choice
someone who smiles through it all

or do you see what i WANT to see
beauty
happiness
peace
a friend
someone who's loved
someone who's unstoppable

some days
im all of the above
some days
im not blind, just ignorant to ugliness
some days
im strong enough to take down goliath
some days
my happiness is overpowering
some days
im the most beautiful girl in the world
some days
im no longer insecure
some days
i am my sickness
but everyday
I AM A FIGHTER
everyday
I AM A SURVIVOR
everyday
I WILL NOT GIVE UP
everyday
I LOVE
everyday
I CONQUER SOMETHING
everyday
I AM TRUE TO ME.

so again i ask,
what do you see when you look at me>?

No comments:

Post a Comment